Raise Your Glass
Whether starting with a blank canvas and a brilliant concept for a wine label, or from an existing winery simply seeking a new direction, KV Wines offers the full range of viticultural and winemaking services – from berry to bottle – to bring up new players in the wine industry or elevate established operations seeking to raise their glass.
Vineyard Development & Grape Sourcing
Tailored to a client’s needs, KV Wines offers expertise in all facets of vineyard development and fruit contracting, including:
- Site evaluation & soil analysis
- Vineyard planning & planting
- Grape sourcing & grower relations
- Harvest sampling & calling a pick
Winery Development & Winemaking
- Winery planning & build-out, from the ground up
- Facility contracting for all shapes and sizes, whether as a bonded winery, alternating proprietor, custom crush client, or “crush & flush” contract
- Prescribed fermentation planning, monitoring, and treatment
- Everything from single barrel-fermentation, to tank-processed mega-lots
Aging & Blending
With homes in a dozen facilities and daily contact with dozens of wine professionals, KV Wines ensures every wine ages under a watchful eye.
- Barrel planning & sourcing
- Laboratory analysis
- Regular topping & treatment
- Bulk sourcing & blending
- Bottling day logistics & assistance
Market Advice & Assistance
- Advice on brokerage & distribution
- Referrals for expertise on licensing & compliance
- Co-branding and promotion on social media
Grape Growing Partners
From the Russian River Valley to Petaluma Gap, Sonoma Coast’s most prodigious grape grower curates 1,100 acres of premium quality wine grapes across 74 different sites, ranging from less than an acre to nearly 100.
Fourth generation Napa natives who have witnessed the remarkable transformation of the Valley over the last 50 years, the Rippeys afford Kirk some of his biggest picks. Incredible grapes from a family who knows how to farm them.
Using the most technologically advanced systems coupled with the farming experience that comes from close to 50 years of farming in the valley, Piña has established itself as a company with a singular goal: premium wine grape production.
The 1973 Château Montelena Chardonnay may have won the 1976 “Judgement of Paris,” but not without 40% of its grapes from the the Russian River Valley’s pioneering grape grower. Four generations, and incredible Pinot & Chardonnay.
The historic Priest Ranch and the Elder Valley produce grapes on a 1,600 acre estate that spans a stunning 1,600 feet in elevation – from 800 feet above sea level on its valley floor to 2,400 feet at the mountain top.
Multi-generation Italian-American grape growers highly regarded for their dry-farmed vineyards, the Fredianis are Calistoga’s preservationists of of old vine Zinfandel and increasingly rare Charbono.
Precision winegrowing, using sustainable & organic practices combined with advanced technologies. Viticultural excellence leads to wines of quality and prestige.